Tagliolini allo Scalogno Romagnolo
Ingredients for approx 4 people:
• fresh or dried tagliolini for 4 (500g should do)
• 1 bunch of shallots (possibly the ones from Emilia-Romagna)
• 150g of bacon spread (alternatively use coarse sliced ham)
• 200g of fresh tomatoes or high quality passato
• 2/3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• a few basil leaves
• salt and pepper
• parmesan 36 months to be grated on top of the preparation
Start by peeling and finely chop the shallots and cut the bacon into thin strips.
Then wash and cut the tomatoes into pieces.
Slightly heat the tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan and add the chopped shallot.
As soon as the shallots begin to get a golden colour, add the bacon and brown it
over medium heat for a few minutes. At this point add the tomatoes on low heat
until they completely dissolve. At this moment only, add the basil leaves otherwise they cook too long and loose their flavour.
Put the tagliolini in a pot of boiling salted water and after a couple of minutes, drain them without eliminating the cooking water which will be used afterwards.
Add them in the pan with the sauce and use the water (not too much) to cook them
to the right consistency for max 2 more min. Allow the sauce to absorb well. Season with salt and pepper and, if you desire, grate some of the fresh parmesan over the the dish.
Buon appetito! #dinner #cookingathome #cookingevents #tablesettings #tablesetting #saporidicasa #table #diningroom #cookanddine #beautifultable